Overhauling the UI elements is a really tedious task of constantly adjusting values by tiny amounts, recompiling and testing it in-game. It takes hours to just relocate a bunch of icons and make them draggable.
I’ve got the “Available Staff” window and the “Current Solution” window where I want them to be now as far as the Beta product goes. The Abilities menu is really taking a long time as I need to make a sensible and easy-to-understand way to explain to the player that they’ve got two classes of agents and two sets of abilities that need to be assigned accordingly.
At the moment it’s a total mess, but it always is when it’s halfway finished. It’s function, but just horribly ugly. Still a ton of work to do.
Oh, I also fixed a bug. It turned out that if you removed all your agents from the current solution, you were totally unable to add any new ones to the list. That had me stumped for a good hour or two.